KNOXVILLE, Tenn. - Police in Tennessee say two people have died and a third one has been taken to a hospital after being struck by a car on Interstate 40 near Cedar Bluff.
Knoxville Police said that the wreck happened at about 10:10 a.m. Sunday when three people were standing on the shoulder of the westbound lanes and a car struck them.
Investigators were still trying to determine why the two cars were stopped on the shoulder. They were also trying to determine why the third vehicle veered out of control and struck the cars and pedestrians on the shoulder.
The passenger was briefly trapped in the crashed vehicle. The driver and passenger of the third vehicle were taken to UT Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
- New Former Norton parks and recreation supervisor to plead guilty in sex scandal
- Updated Live to Tell: Dragon crash victim describes ordeal
- New Paralyzed hiker finishes 2,000-plus mile journey
- Updated UPDATE: Carter County rape, incest suspect appears in court
- Updated Barter Theatre announces 2017 lineup