CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - UPDATE 3/3/2014: Sheriff Chris Mathes says the shooting appears to have been an accident. Click here to read more.
An investigation is underway after a shooting in Carter County.
According to Sheriff Chris Mathes, the shooting happened around 11:30 Saturday morning on Herman Peters Road in Stoney Creek.
Investigators tell us two boys, a 13-year-old and a 14-year-old, were visiting their grandparents when the two got a gun from their grandfather's closet.
Mathes says the 13-year-old was shot in the neck. He was flown to the hospital and is expected to be recover.
No charges have been filed.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend