GRAINGER COUNTY, Tenn. - A former East Tennessee police officer, who is now facing multiple murder charges, stood before a judge Thursday.
Jason Bryan Holt is charged with murder in the shooting deaths of two people during a pharmacy robbery in Bean Station last week.
Police say Holt shot and killed the owner of Lovell's Down Home Pharmacy as well as a customer on May 23rd. Two women were also hurt.
Investigators say oxycodone pills were taken in the robbery. When Holt was caught a short time after the incident, police say they recovered the pills and a revolver.
Holt will return to court on June 20th for a preliminary hearing.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Updated Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death