GRAINGER COUNTY, Tenn. - A former East Tennessee police officer, who is now facing multiple murder charges, stood before a judge Thursday.
Jason Bryan Holt is charged with murder in the shooting deaths of two people during a pharmacy robbery in Bean Station last week.
Police say Holt shot and killed the owner of Lovell's Down Home Pharmacy as well as a customer on May 23rd. Two women were also hurt.
Investigators say oxycodone pills were taken in the robbery. When Holt was caught a short time after the incident, police say they recovered the pills and a revolver.
Holt will return to court on June 20th for a preliminary hearing.
- Updated Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Updated Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone
- Retailers already looking ahead to Halloween