KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Fred Pelle, a veteran healthcare executive with extensive experience at Wellmont Health System, has been named interim president of its community hospital division, effective May 1.
Pelle will serve as the president of Mountain View Regional Medical Center, Lee Regional Medical Center and Lonesome Pine Hospital in Virginia and Hawkins County Memorial Hospital and Hancock County Hospital in Tennessee.
He has been chief operating officer of the community hospital division since July. He was a Wellmont co-worker from 2002-2011, including several years as president of Hawkins County Memorial and Hancock County, before leaving to serve as president of a hospital in Kentucky.
Pelle's appointment by Denny DeNarvaez, Wellmont's president and CEO, is a result of Greg Neal being selected as interim president of Bristol Regional Medical Center. Neal is succeeding Bart Hove, who is resigning, effective May 1, for health reasons.
Since he rejoined Wellmont, Pelle has been a key figure in standardizing and coordinating care in the community hospitals. Wellmont is focused on developing a more efficient and cohesive regional system of community health care.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day