A Tennessee man who abducted four children and their mother is now in custody, and the mother faces charges after police say she gave false information about the kidnapping.
The Jackson Sun reports (http://bit.ly/2rmt4qL ) that 28-year-old Octivas Crout surrendered to Lexington police early Monday morning. The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation says four children were taken early Sunday, along with their mother, 31-year-old Amanda Manley Crout. Octivas Crout is the father of two of the children.
The TBI says the children were found safe in Lexington, shortly after an Amber Alert was issued.
Lexington Police Department Capt. Jeff Middleton says they were kidnapped at gunpoint, but information that Amanda Crout gave police about the kidnapping was false. Further details haven't been released.
It's unclear if they have lawyers.
Information from: The Jackson Sun, http://www.jacksonsun.com
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Updated "Wreaths Across America" underway at the Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Updated Students helping fellow students at Science Hill High School
- New UPDATE: Brentwood Academy lawsuit dismissed; Judge orders arrest of attorney
- Virginia jury pays maid's fine after convicting her of stealing rings
- 'Wise Works' program gives low-level offenders a second chance