We now know the names of the people involved in the collision that happened at the intersection of Highway 11 W and Highway 66 in Rogersville, Tennessee.
According to Sergeant Bill Miller of Tennessee Highway Patrol, at 1:15 p.m. a 60-year old male, Ion Hazapariu was driving a tractor trailer off Highway 11 W and was trying to make an improper left turn on Sneedville Pike Rd.
That is when he hit a car head on.
Rogersville Police tell News Five that the cab of the car caught fire, and Hazapariu got out of the tractor trailer and helped put out the fire.
18-year old Ashley Lawson of Mooresburg, Tennessee died in the crash.
Her passengers, 19-year-old Jordan Clark, and 8-month-year old Madison Stiles were taken to the hospital, and are stable.
Clark was taken by air ambulance to Holston Valley Medical Center, and Stiles was taken to the University of Tennessee.
Murray tells News Five that criminal charges are pending, and that everyone in the vehicles were wearing seat belts.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane