A nonprofit organization called Red White and Food that supports the sale of wine in Tennessee retail food stores has announced that they have collected 119,000 signatures for its petition campaign.
Several Tennessee retailers have already made the petition available for their customers to sign.
To get the referendum on the ballot, eligible communities must have at least 10 percent of the voting population sign the petition by August 21.
Visit redwhiteandfood.com for a full list of petition locations.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport