A nonprofit organization called Red White and Food that supports the sale of wine in Tennessee retail food stores has announced that they have collected 119,000 signatures for its petition campaign.
Several Tennessee retailers have already made the petition available for their customers to sign.
To get the referendum on the ballot, eligible communities must have at least 10 percent of the voting population sign the petition by August 21.
Visit redwhiteandfood.com for a full list of petition locations.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next