MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - When police pulled over a Tennessee couple and told them a body was lying on the trunk of their car, they thought it was a joke - until they got out to look.
They found an unconscious man who had somehow remained on the trunk for about 14 miles.
Driver Carl Webb told reporters he had left the Memphis in May barbeque festival before the officer pulled them over Thursday evening.
Memphis police say in a statement that Officer Benjamin Huff noticed what appeared to be a man on the black Ford Taurus traveling about 65 mph down an expressway and pulled the car over. After alerting the couple he woke the man, who was disoriented and did not remember leaving the festival.
No charges were filed.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Disney Animation, Pixar chief John Lasseter taking leave
- Homes with a heart: local United Way initiative offers shelter for families in need
- Parents urged to take a look at "Trouble in Toyland" report before Christmas shopping
- Mosheim's Blue Springs Lutheran Church added to National Register of Historical Places
- Derailed coal train had Michigan utility plant destination