The Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security has added another option for citizens seeking to renew or replace their driver licenses. Citizens may renew or replace an existing driver license or state identification card and pay for the transaction with a credit or debit card at the kiosks.
The technology takes citizens' photographs for use on the driver licenses. As a security measure, the kiosks perform facial verification with the image on record. The citizen leaves the kiosk with a paper interim document for use until the secure driver license or I.D. card is received. The interim license is valid for 20 days. The secure driver license or I.D. card is mailed to the applicant's home within 5-7 business days.
Three of the self-service kiosks are located in East Tennessee, including locations in Washington and Carter counties.
· AAA Johnson City, 3000 Peoples St., Johnson City
· Washington County Driver Service Center, 4717 Lake Park Drive, Johnson City
· Carter County Clerk's Office, 801 Elk Ave., Elizabethton
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities
- Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record