Tenn. - A bill that was passed in hopes to streamline government in Tennessee, seems to be working.
Speaker Beth Harwell announced the number of bills filed this legislative year has been drastically reduced.
She says its because a 15-bill limit was approved by lawmakers in January.
Bill filings this year are at the lowest in nearly 30 years.
Many believe fewer bills will lead to a smaller cost for taxpayers.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- New School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- New Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon