Tenn. - A bill that was passed in hopes to streamline government in Tennessee, seems to be working.
Speaker Beth Harwell announced the number of bills filed this legislative year has been drastically reduced.
She says its because a 15-bill limit was approved by lawmakers in January.
Bill filings this year are at the lowest in nearly 30 years.
Many believe fewer bills will lead to a smaller cost for taxpayers.
- Local overcrowded animal shelter fighting to avoid euthanasia
- More law enforcement agencies in our region looking to carry a lifesaving drug
- Norton clinic improving health for black lung patients
- Lowe's Heroes Project making improvements to Cherokee Elementary School
- Healthcare insurance rates to spike in 2017