Tenn. - A bill that was passed in hopes to streamline government in Tennessee, seems to be working.
Speaker Beth Harwell announced the number of bills filed this legislative year has been drastically reduced.
She says its because a 15-bill limit was approved by lawmakers in January.
Bill filings this year are at the lowest in nearly 30 years.
Many believe fewer bills will lead to a smaller cost for taxpayers.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities
- Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record