LOUISVILLE, Ky. - A Catholic Bishop who used to server in our area is now serving a higher office.
Archbishop Joseph Kurts, who served the Diocese of Knoxville for seven years, has been elected President of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops.
Kurts led the Catholic church here from 1999 through 2005 before being appointed Archbishop of Diocese of Louisville Kentucky.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash