LOUISVILLE, Ky. - A Catholic Bishop who used to server in our area is now serving a higher office.
Archbishop Joseph Kurts, who served the Diocese of Knoxville for seven years, has been elected President of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops.
Kurts led the Catholic church here from 1999 through 2005 before being appointed Archbishop of Diocese of Louisville Kentucky.
- New Serial burglar guilty of costly raid at Simon Cowell's home
- New Pedestrian killed trying to cross interstate in Asheville
- Trial date set for Sullivan County man charged with child sex crimes
- Man sentenced after trying to bring meth to Lee County inmates
- Supreme Court may strike law barring sex offenders from social media