LOUISVILLE, Ky. - A Catholic Bishop who used to server in our area is now serving a higher office.
Archbishop Joseph Kurts, who served the Diocese of Knoxville for seven years, has been elected President of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops.
Kurts led the Catholic church here from 1999 through 2005 before being appointed Archbishop of Diocese of Louisville Kentucky.
- New KISS concert in Manchester canceled after terrorist attacks
- New Tennessee governor signs NRA-backed metal detector gun bill
- New Former Texas nurse accused of killing dozens of kids in '80s
- UPDATE: Johnson County juvenile pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Muslim man sues Little Caesars over pizza labeled 'halal'