LOUISVILLE, Ky. - A Catholic Bishop who used to server in our area is now serving a higher office.
Archbishop Joseph Kurts, who served the Diocese of Knoxville for seven years, has been elected President of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops.
Kurts led the Catholic church here from 1999 through 2005 before being appointed Archbishop of Diocese of Louisville Kentucky.
- Updated Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- New Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction
- Jury is out in first-degree murder case of Johnson City man
- Volunteer firefighters responded to RV fire in Bluff City
- Two men charged in the fatal shooting of Zaevion Dobson