BRISTOL, Tenn. - Residents in one Bristol, Tennessee neighborhood are up in arms over concerns that some new neighbors maybe making a vacant lot their new home.
People who live near Lavinder Lane and Bluff City Highway voiced their concerns about a proposed apartment complex development that would be built near the intersection.
Neighbors believe the complex would increase traffic and crowd a nearby school.
Most of the surrounding area is zoned for single-family homes.
Monday night the planning commission approved the city-staff recommendation for a special use permit to build the apartments.
The commission will give the recommendation final approval after they receive an engineered site plan from the developer.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day