As road conditions worsened Wednesday night the National Guard was placed on standby to help drivers in need.
Units and multi-purpose vehicles were called and were ready in Greene County, Jefferson County, Cookeville, and Kingsport.
Tennessee's National Guard emergency operations center and armories were opened to be used as shelters.
But after all the preparations we're told only two of the units were needed.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting