As road conditions worsened Wednesday night the National Guard was placed on standby to help drivers in need.
Units and multi-purpose vehicles were called and were ready in Greene County, Jefferson County, Cookeville, and Kingsport.
Tennessee's National Guard emergency operations center and armories were opened to be used as shelters.
But after all the preparations we're told only two of the units were needed.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone