As road conditions worsened Wednesday night the National Guard was placed on standby to help drivers in need.
Units and multi-purpose vehicles were called and were ready in Greene County, Jefferson County, Cookeville, and Kingsport.
Tennessee's National Guard emergency operations center and armories were opened to be used as shelters.
But after all the preparations we're told only two of the units were needed.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson