WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - Area school counselors and principals were out of school today, but it wasn't due to the weather.
Milligan College hosted the second 'Lunch & Learn' event for grade-school administrators.
The learning sessions were presented by Milligan's faculty.
The sessions ranged from the effects of child abuse to dealing with conflict. The goal is to give educators the tools they need to help their students, both inside and outside of the classroom. "Milligan wanted to reach to the counselors and the school principals in the area, just to give them opportunities to leave the school, enjoy some networking with others, and to also learn about some of the important things that were going on with students," says Courtney Kieslich, Director of Graduate and Professional Studies at Milligan College.
In addition to the educational sessions, participants also had an opportunity to learn about Milligan's graduate programs in education and counseling.
- Death toll from Sevier County wildfires increases to 14
- Updated Comptroller critical of Washington County, TN Sheriff's Office
- Kingsport man wanted for violent attack on female victim and cat
- Police searching for man suspected in 2 Kingsport burglaries
- Police: Fake news story led gunman to popular DC pizzeria