WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - Area school counselors and principals were out of school today, but it wasn't due to the weather.
Milligan College hosted the second 'Lunch & Learn' event for grade-school administrators.
The learning sessions were presented by Milligan's faculty.
The sessions ranged from the effects of child abuse to dealing with conflict. The goal is to give educators the tools they need to help their students, both inside and outside of the classroom. "Milligan wanted to reach to the counselors and the school principals in the area, just to give them opportunities to leave the school, enjoy some networking with others, and to also learn about some of the important things that were going on with students," says Courtney Kieslich, Director of Graduate and Professional Studies at Milligan College.
In addition to the educational sessions, participants also had an opportunity to learn about Milligan's graduate programs in education and counseling.
- Sheriff: Social media rumors concerning Northwood High School being investigated
- Gone without a trace, Honaker man missing for a week
- Bogus Bills Bust: Washington County TN nab another counterfeit cash criminal
- Local healthcare leaders, educators discuss upcoming changes to Affordable Care Act
- For Weston: 'Feed the Fire' honors Kingsport boy's dream