People will soon have the chance to learn more about the progress in getting passenger and faster freight rail for our area.
There will be a public meeting Saturday, December first at one o'clock at the Senior Center in Abingdon.
It's part of the RAIL Solution annual meeting.
The agenda includes a progress report on a proposal for a modern rail system from Memphis, Tennessee to Harrisburg, Pennsylvania via the Norfolk Southern Valley route through Knoxville, Bristol and Roanoke.
Agenda for the meeting:
1. Overview and progress update of RAIL Solution's proposal for a modern rail system from Memphis, Tennessee to Harrisburg, Pennsylvania via the Norfolk Southern Valley Route through Knoxville, Bristol, and Roanoke.
2. Review of the Rail Solution model and study of railroad electrification.
3. A "Share your dreams" discussion of the future of rail in the region with Rail Solution members, supporters, and interested citizens.
The public is invited to attend this Annual Meeting of Rail Solution and to join the discussion.
The Abingdon Senior Center is located at 300 Senior Drive, Abingdon, VA 24210.
- Johnson City Police cruisers damaged after hour-long car chase
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools