GRANGIER COUNTY, Tenn. - The recovery continues for two east Tennessee women who were shot when police say a man opened fire in a pharmacy.
District Attorney General Jimmy Dunn says a former Bean Station police officer, 37-year-old Jason Brian Holt, went into the Down Home Pharmacy with a gun around 11:15 Thursday morning.
They say he took a large amount of Oxycodone and then opened fire. Those shots killed two people, store owner Steven Lovell and Richard Alexander Sommerville, a customer.
District Attorney Dunn says two employees, Alexia Wilson and Janet Clift were injured. They were flown to the hospital.
Holt is charged with first degree murder, attempted first degree murder, and especially aggravated robbery.
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire