GRANGIER COUNTY, Tenn. - The recovery continues for two east Tennessee women who were shot when police say a man opened fire in a pharmacy.
District Attorney General Jimmy Dunn says a former Bean Station police officer, 37-year-old Jason Brian Holt, went into the Down Home Pharmacy with a gun around 11:15 Thursday morning.
They say he took a large amount of Oxycodone and then opened fire. Those shots killed two people, store owner Steven Lovell and Richard Alexander Sommerville, a customer.
District Attorney Dunn says two employees, Alexia Wilson and Janet Clift were injured. They were flown to the hospital.
Holt is charged with first degree murder, attempted first degree murder, and especially aggravated robbery.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash