GRANGIER COUNTY, Tenn. - The recovery continues for two east Tennessee women who were shot when police say a man opened fire in a pharmacy.
District Attorney General Jimmy Dunn says a former Bean Station police officer, 37-year-old Jason Brian Holt, went into the Down Home Pharmacy with a gun around 11:15 Thursday morning.
They say he took a large amount of Oxycodone and then opened fire. Those shots killed two people, store owner Steven Lovell and Richard Alexander Sommerville, a customer.
District Attorney Dunn says two employees, Alexia Wilson and Janet Clift were injured. They were flown to the hospital.
Holt is charged with first degree murder, attempted first degree murder, and especially aggravated robbery.
- Court: Greeneville bank manager embezzled more than $1 million
- Local police agencies offering drug take-back services Saturday
- Domtar announces reduced production at Kingsport plant
- Virginia voter registration deadline extended through Friday
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue