The Boy Scouts of America is holding a vote on whether to allow openly gay scouts Thursday.
More than 14,000 scout leaders from across the country sill vote in a secret ballot. They will not be voting to lift the ban on gay scout leaders.
The Sequoyah Council, representing northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia, told us earlier this month they will vote no on the proposal.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash