The Boy Scouts of America is holding a vote on whether to allow openly gay scouts Thursday.
More than 14,000 scout leaders from across the country sill vote in a secret ballot. They will not be voting to lift the ban on gay scout leaders.
The Sequoyah Council, representing northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia, told us earlier this month they will vote no on the proposal.
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project