The Boy Scouts of America is holding a vote on whether to allow openly gay scouts Thursday.
More than 14,000 scout leaders from across the country sill vote in a secret ballot. They will not be voting to lift the ban on gay scout leaders.
The Sequoyah Council, representing northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia, told us earlier this month they will vote no on the proposal.
- Updated Southwest Virginia man dies after being hit by car
- Hawkins EMS remains only service during feasibility study
- College students voice opinions on presidential debate
- Bristol, Tenn. household divided over presidential election
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire