The Boy Scouts of America is holding a vote on whether to allow openly gay scouts Thursday.
More than 14,000 scout leaders from across the country sill vote in a secret ballot. They will not be voting to lift the ban on gay scout leaders.
The Sequoyah Council, representing northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia, told us earlier this month they will vote no on the proposal.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Updated Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson
- Updated New release dates for "Toy Story 4" and "Incredibles 2"
- Texas teen gets life for death of man who wouldn't buy beer