The Boy Scouts of America is holding a vote on whether to allow openly gay scouts Thursday.
More than 14,000 scout leaders from across the country sill vote in a secret ballot. They will not be voting to lift the ban on gay scout leaders.
The Sequoyah Council, representing northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia, told us earlier this month they will vote no on the proposal.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin