NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Lt. Governor Ron Ramsey (R-Blountville) said the following upon the conclusion of Governor Haslam's address to a joint session of the 108th General Assembly:
"I applaud Governor Haslam's decision to reject Obama's medicaid expansion. Without bold reform of the Medicaid program tailored to Tennessee's unique situation, there can be no compromise on this issue."
"Four out of every ten dollars the federal government spends comes out of the back pockets of future generations. Tennessee must receive assurances that have not been forthcoming. Governor Haslam has laid out a plan for what true health care reform looks like. I commend him for his continued thoughtful and measured approach to this complex issue."
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities
- Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record