NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Lt. Governor Ron Ramsey (R-Blountville) said the following upon the conclusion of Governor Haslam's address to a joint session of the 108th General Assembly:
"I applaud Governor Haslam's decision to reject Obama's medicaid expansion. Without bold reform of the Medicaid program tailored to Tennessee's unique situation, there can be no compromise on this issue."
"Four out of every ten dollars the federal government spends comes out of the back pockets of future generations. Tennessee must receive assurances that have not been forthcoming. Governor Haslam has laid out a plan for what true health care reform looks like. I commend him for his continued thoughtful and measured approach to this complex issue."
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial
- Rock royalty in attendance as Chris Cornell is laid to rest in Hollywood