NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Lt. Governor Ron Ramsey (R-Blountville) said the following upon the conclusion of Governor Haslam's address to a joint session of the 108th General Assembly:
"I applaud Governor Haslam's decision to reject Obama's medicaid expansion. Without bold reform of the Medicaid program tailored to Tennessee's unique situation, there can be no compromise on this issue."
"Four out of every ten dollars the federal government spends comes out of the back pockets of future generations. Tennessee must receive assurances that have not been forthcoming. Governor Haslam has laid out a plan for what true health care reform looks like. I commend him for his continued thoughtful and measured approach to this complex issue."
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane