NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Tennessee Senate Speaker Ron Ramsey may have found a way to get the wine in grocery stores bill moving again.
Ramsey said he's hoping the bill will clear his chamber's committees, even though it didn't pass a house committee earlier this week.
Ramsey said if it passes he'll put the bill on hold before a floor vote in the Senate to see if the House takes action.
Supporters are hoping that Representative Matthew Hill might seek to reconsider the vote.
Tuesday, he cast the deciding vote against the measure saying he was upset that there was no discussion about amendments to the bill.
The bill would allow localities to vote on whether to expand wine sales to supermarkets and convenience stores.
- Kingsport police investigating suspicious death on Bruce Street
- Bristol woman staying positive throughout MS diagnosis
- Greeneville Couple Accused of Trying to Sell A Child on Craigslist
- Indivisible Greene County rally brings out protestors rallying for unity
- Kingsport hosts annual Carousel Fine Craft Show