A 7-year-old boy from Kingsport died Sunday after a long health battle.
The family of Weston Keeton says he died Sunday afternoon. Weston was the recipient of a rare heart and double lung transplant.
Recently he underwent another heart surgery to repair a leaky heart valve.
On Sunday the family posted this message to Facebook:
"It is with heavy hearts we share, Weston went to heaven earlier this afternoon. He is at peace and with God. Julie, Adam and the entire Keeton family wants to thank everyone for their love and prayers through Weston's journey. 'Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these'."
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash