A 7-year-old boy from Kingsport died Sunday after a long health battle.
The family of Weston Keeton says he died Sunday afternoon. Weston was the recipient of a rare heart and double lung transplant.
Recently he underwent another heart surgery to repair a leaky heart valve.
On Sunday the family posted this message to Facebook:
"It is with heavy hearts we share, Weston went to heaven earlier this afternoon. He is at peace and with God. Julie, Adam and the entire Keeton family wants to thank everyone for their love and prayers through Weston's journey. 'Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these'."
- Updated Bristol, Va. woman charged with attempted robbery
- Updated Tenn. House Clerk accused of rude conduct
- Binge-drinking UMass student nearly dies in Pennsylvania
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation