KNOXVILLE, Tenn. - A dozen lawsuits filed against a business owned by the brother of Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam could be heard by a single judge.
The cases stem from a federal investigation into alleged rebate fraud by the sales team at Knoxville-based fuel company Pilot Flying J.
Pilot wants the cases to be heard in Knoxville, where the company is based and where most of the defendants live.
Five members of the Pilot sales team have pleaded guilty to mail fraud charges and are cooperating with federal prosecutors.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- Updated Part of Bristol, Tennessee without water after water main break
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations