KNOXVILLE, Tenn. - Sheriff's investigators say a husband and wife from Knoxville were killed in a murder-suicide.
Deputies said that 49-year-old Chad Ingle shot his wife, 59-year-old Shirley Ingle, as she tried to get out of the house on Jan. 2.
Shirley Ingle was found dead at the end of the driveway with multiple gunshot wounds. Chad Ingle was found dead in an upstairs bedroom from self-inflicted gunshot wounds.
Neighbors say the couple had lived in the house for only a few years and mostly kept to themselves.
Officers say a neighbor called it in after hearing gunshots.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction