KNOXVILLE, Tenn. - Sheriff's investigators say a husband and wife from Knoxville were killed in a murder-suicide.
Deputies said that 49-year-old Chad Ingle shot his wife, 59-year-old Shirley Ingle, as she tried to get out of the house on Jan. 2.
Shirley Ingle was found dead at the end of the driveway with multiple gunshot wounds. Chad Ingle was found dead in an upstairs bedroom from self-inflicted gunshot wounds.
Neighbors say the couple had lived in the house for only a few years and mostly kept to themselves.
Officers say a neighbor called it in after hearing gunshots.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment