KNOXVILLE, Tenn. - Sheriff's investigators say a husband and wife from Knoxville were killed in a murder-suicide.
Deputies said that 49-year-old Chad Ingle shot his wife, 59-year-old Shirley Ingle, as she tried to get out of the house on Jan. 2.
Shirley Ingle was found dead at the end of the driveway with multiple gunshot wounds. Chad Ingle was found dead in an upstairs bedroom from self-inflicted gunshot wounds.
Neighbors say the couple had lived in the house for only a few years and mostly kept to themselves.
Officers say a neighbor called it in after hearing gunshots.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash