KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Hard work at a one-of-a-kind yard sale this weekend paid off for a local organization trying to reduce homelessness.
On Saturday, the Friends and Neighbors organization held a yard sale which helps homeless children in the Kingsport City School System. Click here to read more.
We've learned more than $2,000 was raised on Saturday. Every penny goes to help families find a place to call home.
Organizers say more than 300 homeless children currently attend school in the Model City.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City