KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Hard work at a one-of-a-kind yard sale this weekend paid off for a local organization trying to reduce homelessness.
On Saturday, the Friends and Neighbors organization held a yard sale which helps homeless children in the Kingsport City School System. Click here to read more.
We've learned more than $2,000 was raised on Saturday. Every penny goes to help families find a place to call home.
Organizers say more than 300 homeless children currently attend school in the Model City.
- Updated Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane