KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Hard work at a one-of-a-kind yard sale this weekend paid off for a local organization trying to reduce homelessness.
On Saturday, the Friends and Neighbors organization held a yard sale which helps homeless children in the Kingsport City School System. Click here to read more.
We've learned more than $2,000 was raised on Saturday. Every penny goes to help families find a place to call home.
Organizers say more than 300 homeless children currently attend school in the Model City.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day