KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Hard work at a one-of-a-kind yard sale this weekend paid off for a local organization trying to reduce homelessness.
On Saturday, the Friends and Neighbors organization held a yard sale which helps homeless children in the Kingsport City School System. Click here to read more.
We've learned more than $2,000 was raised on Saturday. Every penny goes to help families find a place to call home.
Organizers say more than 300 homeless children currently attend school in the Model City.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect