KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office got a call today about a woman in distress in Fort Patrick Henry Lake.
A spokeswoman says the department received a report a little after 2:00 p.m. this afternoon. The caller reported seeing a woman jump from a dock inside Warriors' Path State Park and into the lake.
The caller stated that the woman appeared to be upset and struggling in the water.
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office Underwater Investigation Team had just wrapped up training in the area and immediately responded to the call.
Officers first attempted to convince the woman to swim back to shore, but they say she refused.
At that point, members of the SCSO Underwater Investigations Team swam out to the woman and pulled her back to shore.
She was transported to the hospital and is expected to be okay.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash