KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A local woman is facing theft charges Thursday evening.
Police say she took more than $5,000 worth of jewelry from a home. The Sullivan County Sheriff's Department has arrested Sarah Ann Crawford.
They got a report of a theft at a home on Millington Court in Kingsport. The victim told police she paid a local business to clean her house and believed one of the employees took her jewelry.
Detectives discovered that Crawford had sold a large amount of jewelry at a gold-buying business, including the stolen jewelry.
Detectives believe she may have taken items from other homes where she had worked. They are asking anyone who believes they've been victimized to contact the Sullivan County Sheriff's Department at (423) 279-7500. extension 222.
- Updated UPDATE: Greene Co. Sheriff says missing teen could be in N.C.
- ETSU student arraigned, has November court date
- Baby makes three Abingdon women in same family born on same day
- Updated UPDATE: Southern Conference to keep championship games in N.C.
- Save the Peeps: Workers of famous marshmallows end strike