KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A local woman is facing theft charges Thursday evening.
Police say she took more than $5,000 worth of jewelry from a home. The Sullivan County Sheriff's Department has arrested Sarah Ann Crawford.
They got a report of a theft at a home on Millington Court in Kingsport. The victim told police she paid a local business to clean her house and believed one of the employees took her jewelry.
Detectives discovered that Crawford had sold a large amount of jewelry at a gold-buying business, including the stolen jewelry.
Detectives believe she may have taken items from other homes where she had worked. They are asking anyone who believes they've been victimized to contact the Sullivan County Sheriff's Department at (423) 279-7500. extension 222.
- New Virginia offenders raising tilapia in pilot program
- Police: Son kills father, self in front of wife, mother
- Slain Virginia officer was a father of 3, former Marine
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power