KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A local woman is facing theft charges Thursday evening.
Police say she took more than $5,000 worth of jewelry from a home. The Sullivan County Sheriff's Department has arrested Sarah Ann Crawford.
They got a report of a theft at a home on Millington Court in Kingsport. The victim told police she paid a local business to clean her house and believed one of the employees took her jewelry.
Detectives discovered that Crawford had sold a large amount of jewelry at a gold-buying business, including the stolen jewelry.
Detectives believe she may have taken items from other homes where she had worked. They are asking anyone who believes they've been victimized to contact the Sullivan County Sheriff's Department at (423) 279-7500. extension 222.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day