KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Kingsport woman is facing charges after Sullivan County deputies say she stole jewelry from her friend's mother.
Edith Marie Vanzant was arrested and charged with theft over $10,000 after officers say they received a report from a woman on Brentwood Drive.
The victim told authorities that Vanzant was at her home visiting with her son. She said after Vanzant left, she noticed some jewelry was missing.
After an investigation, officers charged Vanzant with the theft.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin