KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Kingsport woman is facing charges after Sullivan County deputies say she stole jewelry from her friend's mother.
Edith Marie Vanzant was arrested and charged with theft over $10,000 after officers say they received a report from a woman on Brentwood Drive.
The victim told authorities that Vanzant was at her home visiting with her son. She said after Vanzant left, she noticed some jewelry was missing.
After an investigation, officers charged Vanzant with the theft.
- New Third suspect in Nashville tourist's death arrested
- Updated Virginia city may consider "In God We Trust" motto for its city hall
- Body discovered near Guest River Gorge
- Red carpet rolled out in Bristol for the movie premiere of 'Believe'
- Rime ice caps area mountain tops just days after record highs