KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Wellmont Health Systems has reached an agreement with United Healthcare -- that means patients with United Healthcare's Medicare Advantage plans can continue to use Wellmont's hospitals in Tennessee and Virginia.
That contract was due to expire on Monday. Earlier letters let beneficiaries know that unless something was worked out, patients would not be able to use Wellmont facilities under United Healthcare's insurance.
Todd Norris, senior vice president at Wellmont, told us more about the deal. "We are very happy at Wellmont that we were able to work out something with United Healthcare that would allow a seamless transition and a continuation of care for our patients that have United Medicare Advantage and some of the AARP plans associated with united healthcare," he said.
20,000 patients across our region in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia use United Healthcare at Wellmont facilities.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin