KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Wellmont Health System is one step closer to aligning with another healthcare system.
Earlier this year, Wellmont asked for proposals from organizations that might want to partner with them in the future. Click here to read more.
Nine health systems submitted proposals, but three of them did not meet the guiding principles the board of directors had established.
Wellmont won't release the remaining health systems' names due to confidentiality agreements.
A decision by the board to accept any of those proposals could come in December.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting