KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Wellmont Health System is one step closer to aligning with another healthcare system.
Earlier this year, Wellmont asked for proposals from organizations that might want to partner with them in the future. Click here to read more.
Nine health systems submitted proposals, but three of them did not meet the guiding principles the board of directors had established.
Wellmont won't release the remaining health systems' names due to confidentiality agreements.
A decision by the board to accept any of those proposals could come in December.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial