KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Wellmont Health System is one step closer to aligning with another healthcare system.
Earlier this year, Wellmont asked for proposals from organizations that might want to partner with them in the future. Click here to read more.
Nine health systems submitted proposals, but three of them did not meet the guiding principles the board of directors had established.
Wellmont won't release the remaining health systems' names due to confidentiality agreements.
A decision by the board to accept any of those proposals could come in December.
- Updated UPDATE: Kingsport Police arrest murder suspect
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody