KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Wellmont Health System is one step closer to aligning with another healthcare system.
Earlier this year, Wellmont asked for proposals from organizations that might want to partner with them in the future. Click here to read more.
Nine health systems submitted proposals, but three of them did not meet the guiding principles the board of directors had established.
Wellmont won't release the remaining health systems' names due to confidentiality agreements.
A decision by the board to accept any of those proposals could come in December.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane