KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Kingsport City Water Department contractor Tipton Construction will begin two major water line replacement projects on Wednesday. The projects will impact residents and motorists along Warpath Drive, Konnarock Road and Truxton Drive for the next five months.
This construction work will impact Warpath Drive beginning at Nathan Street and continuing across Fort Henry Drive until the intersection with Konnarock Road, further continuing along Konnarock to the intersection at Sherwood Drive. Work on this project will impact the Fort Henry Drive intersection as well.
In addition, a second project will impact the entire length of Truxton Drive from West Stone Drive to Lynn Garden Drive. Work on this project will also impact to some degree on the Stone Drive and Lynn Garden Drive intersections with Truxton.
In both cases, motorists and residents are asked to note that construction will generally take place from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, with some Saturday work as well. Work to be conducted at the intersections will be scheduled to begin at 9 p.m.
Water line construction work on both of these projects will continue at least through August 30th.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City