KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Kingsport police are asking for help finding a suspect they say is connected to a high-speed chase and two stolen vehicles.
Officers were called to the Model City Motel Monday night to investigate an SUV circling the business. When they tried to pull over the vehicle, the driver sped off, starting a high-speed chase along Memorial Boulevard.
Police learned the GMC Envoy had been reported stolen in Sullivan County. We're told it crashed along Orebank Road.
Officers found a female passenger in the vehicle but the driver, Ralph Andrew McClellan (pictured above), kept running.
McClellan is also accused of stealing a silver Nissan Versa from a Papa John's pizzeria on Fort Henry Drive. At the time the car had a Papa John's delivery sign on top.
McClellan is described as 5'1", weighs 135 pounds and has brown hair. Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to contact the Kingsport Police Department at 423-246-9111.
This photo is similar to the stolen Nissan Versa:
- New Bristol, Va. police officer, involved in domestic dispute, under investigation
- New Officials ask public for help in search for escaped Washington Co., Tenn. inmate
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31