KINGSPORT, Tenn. - More than 200 people spent Saturday sprucing up Warriors Path State Park in honor of Earth Day.
'Friends of the State Park' partnered with 20 different organizations for 'A Day of Service'. The tradition began four years ago.
We're told it's through the Church of Jesus Christ of Ladder Day Saints.
Organizers say they crossed plenty of projects off the list Saturday.
"You name it, we've been working since this morning. We scrubbed down the bridges, we've picked up trash out of the creek it's earth day an it's all about maintaining it and taking care of this special place," says Mary Steadman.
We've learned there were over one-thousand people volunteering for projects all across the Tri-Cities Saturday.
- Updated Highway 421 to reopen Tuesday between Mountain City and Shady Valley
- Updated Buchanan County drug roundup leads to over 20 arrests
- Updated Report: Presidential Debate captures 80.9 million viewers
- Bluff City tagged with $25,000 fine from state for sewer violation
- Man accused of killing father in Buchanan County appears in court