KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Kingsport veterinarians got together Saturday to raise money for the Kingsport Police Department's K-9 Unit.
The event was called "Fluffapalooza." Community members and pets could participate in events to benefit the police dogs.
Companion Animal Hospital veterinarian Jody Thomas told us the money will go to good use. "They're going to use it for equipment that they need, whether that be bulletproof vests for the dogs, or health care, we just we wanted to do something to help the community," Thomas said.
There were Kingsport Police Department K-9 demonstrations, live music and animal hospital tours.
- Updated Wise County receives grant for new protective order law
- Updated Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone
- Updated Traffic advisory for Exit 17 on I-81 in Abingdon
- Updated Authorities continue investigation into Sunday's fire in Johnson City
- Virginia Tech unveils plan for new business complex