KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Kingsport veterinarians got together Saturday to raise money for the Kingsport Police Department's K-9 Unit.
The event was called "Fluffapalooza." Community members and pets could participate in events to benefit the police dogs.
Companion Animal Hospital veterinarian Jody Thomas told us the money will go to good use. "They're going to use it for equipment that they need, whether that be bulletproof vests for the dogs, or health care, we just we wanted to do something to help the community," Thomas said.
There were Kingsport Police Department K-9 demonstrations, live music and animal hospital tours.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson