KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Two women escaped serious injury when the SUV they were riding in crashed through two mobile homes Monday night.
Officers say the driver, Amber Whitaker, lost control of a 2002 Chevy Blazer on Moreland Drive. The SUV ran off the road, flipped over, and smashed through two mobile homes.
Police say one home was virtually demolished, and the other was heavily damaged.
No one was in the mobile homes when they were hit.
Whitaker told officers she thought she hit ice, but officers said they could not find any on the roadway.
She was cited for failure to maintain control.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting