KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Two women escaped serious injury when the SUV they were riding in crashed through two mobile homes Monday night.
Officers say the driver, Amber Whitaker, lost control of a 2002 Chevy Blazer on Moreland Drive. The SUV ran off the road, flipped over, and smashed through two mobile homes.
Police say one home was virtually demolished, and the other was heavily damaged.
No one was in the mobile homes when they were hit.
Whitaker told officers she thought she hit ice, but officers said they could not find any on the roadway.
She was cited for failure to maintain control.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash