KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Two women escaped serious injury when the SUV they were riding in crashed through two mobile homes Monday night.
Officers say the driver, Amber Whitaker, lost control of a 2002 Chevy Blazer on Moreland Drive. The SUV ran off the road, flipped over, and smashed through two mobile homes.
Police say one home was virtually demolished, and the other was heavily damaged.
No one was in the mobile homes when they were hit.
Whitaker told officers she thought she hit ice, but officers said they could not find any on the roadway.
She was cited for failure to maintain control.
- Updated Black Lives Matter rally crasher no longer enrolled at ETSU, attorney issues statement
- New Man charged with sexually abusing 8-month-old appears in court
- New Man accused of branding wife with hot knife appears in court
- Updated Man who penned famous Oscar Mayer jingle dies in Illinois
- Updated UPDATE: Item on Tweetsie Trail was geocaching box; trail reopens