KINGSPORT, Tenn. - UPDATE 11:20 a.m.
Authorities have released the name of the man killed in a motorcycle crash on Interstate 81 in Kingsport which occurred around 11 p.m. Tuesday.
Kenneth Carson Roller, II, was killed in the crash. Authorities said the 49-year-old man from Kingsport was going southbound on Interstate 81 near the 60.6 mile marker.
Police stated that Roller was operating a black 2007 Big Dog K9 custom motorcycle when, for unknown reasons, he lost control and hit a guardrail.
The crash remains under investigation.
Kingsport police are investigating a fatal motorcycle crash which they say happened around 11 p.m. Tuesday.
The crash occurred on Interstate 81 southbound at the 60.6 mile marker.
The investigation remains ongoing, and more information is expected to be released.
- New Police seek help in solving vehicle theft cases in Elizabethton
- Motor Mile Speedway near Radford not renewing NASCAR sanction for 2018
- Updated UPDATE: TBI identifies shooting victim in Piney Flats incident
- Investigators say D.B. Cooper letter confirms suspect, FBI cover-up
- Former Virginia death row inmate granted parole