KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The Kingsport bomb squad and the Kingsport Fire Marshal's office returned to the scene of a fire on Wednesday.
They now blame the fire on unattended cooking and do not plan to file any charges in the case.
It happened on Ashwood Avenue Tuesday night around 10:20 p.m. Fire crews say they were concerned about the possibility of dynamite in the home, so firefighters were pulled from the structure. But a further search showed no explosives inside the house.
A neighboring church was also damaged by the flames.
Some neighbors were evacuated.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University