KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The Kingsport bomb squad and the Kingsport Fire Marshal's office returned to the scene of a fire on Wednesday.
They now blame the fire on unattended cooking and do not plan to file any charges in the case.
It happened on Ashwood Avenue Tuesday night around 10:20 p.m. Fire crews say they were concerned about the possibility of dynamite in the home, so firefighters were pulled from the structure. But a further search showed no explosives inside the house.
A neighboring church was also damaged by the flames.
Some neighbors were evacuated.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport