Update: Fire blamed on unattended cooking

KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The Kingsport bomb squad and the Kingsport Fire Marshal's office returned to the scene of a fire on Wednesday.

They now blame the fire on unattended cooking and do not plan to file any charges in the case.

It happened on Ashwood Avenue Tuesday night around 10:20 p.m. Fire crews say they were concerned about the possibility of dynamite in the home, so firefighters were pulled from the structure. But a further search showed no explosives inside the house.

A neighboring church was also damaged by the flames.

Some neighbors were evacuated.

Most Popular