Officials at Eastman Chemical Company announced Thursday that they are continuing to assess what happened leading up to and the eventual series of explosions at a coal gasification plant on its Kingsport property.
Company leaders said they are developing a plan to repair that particular plant while areas that were shut down during Wednesday's event are "making good progress toward resuming normal operations."
Eastman also thanked first responders and other community members for quick their response and understanding following the blast. Some portions of their operations remain idle of out caution, the report said.
Only minor injuries were reported by the company- one of the largest employers in the state of Tennessee.
- Net neutrality repeal worries ETSU students; how it could affect your internet bill
- SINCLAIR CARES: Know your toys and age limits this Christmas season
- United Way Washington County collects $1.5M- short of $1.8M goal
- Report: Fire official says extension cord cause of fire that killed two children
- Gas line rupture snarls traffic in Jonesborough