KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency says they expect to see a steady increase in traffic on the water following this weekend's warm weather.
Officers say that most boaters during the spring months are fisherman.
But no matter if you are fishing or sailing for leisure they say safety is paramount.
"Make sure you have all of your safety equipment, life jackets are a must in case something was to go wrong," said David Carpenter, TWRA officer, "You need to have the proper flotation devices. Also, we you're out driving around, you want to be a defense driver. Watch out for the other guys."
Carpenter also said that boaters should also make sure their boat registration is up to date for they head out on the water to avoid receiving a violation.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend