KINGSPORT, Tenn. - (Released for publication) On July 8, 2014 at approximately 6:00 PM, two suspects, one a black female and the other a black male, entered the AT&T Store, located at 1817 East Stone Drive in Kingsport. The couple milled around the store for approximately 30 minutes pretending to shop. During this time frame, the female stole two Samsung Galaxy 5S smart phones while the male ran interference by distracting employees.
The phones were valued at $650 each for a total value of $1,300. They had been secured via alarmed cables; however, the female suspect was able to circumvent these security measures.
The suspects left the scene in a light green or blue 2007-2010 model Ford Fusion 4-door sedan.
Anyone who recognizes either of these individuals is asked to contact the K.P.D. Criminal Investigations Division at 423-229-9429 or Kingsport Central Dispatch at 423-246-9111.
View a surveillance video of the suspects below:27243550
- Updated UPDATE: ETSU issues statement on student intimidating Black Lives Matter protest
- Updated Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- New ETSU student charged with intimidation for gorilla mask act at Black Lives Matter protest
- Updated Buchanan County holds highest unemployment rate in Virginia
- Senators ask Justice Department to investigate EpiPen maker