KINGSPORT, Tenn. - (Released for publication) On July 8, 2014 at approximately 6:00 PM, two suspects, one a black female and the other a black male, entered the AT&T Store, located at 1817 East Stone Drive in Kingsport. The couple milled around the store for approximately 30 minutes pretending to shop. During this time frame, the female stole two Samsung Galaxy 5S smart phones while the male ran interference by distracting employees.
The phones were valued at $650 each for a total value of $1,300. They had been secured via alarmed cables; however, the female suspect was able to circumvent these security measures.
The suspects left the scene in a light green or blue 2007-2010 model Ford Fusion 4-door sedan.
Anyone who recognizes either of these individuals is asked to contact the K.P.D. Criminal Investigations Division at 423-229-9429 or Kingsport Central Dispatch at 423-246-9111.
View a surveillance video of the suspects below:27243550
- New Official: Trump to revoke transgender bathroom guidance
- New Poll: 51 percent of Tennesseans approve of Trump's job performance
- Updated UPDATE: Suspected Kingsport killer gets $250K bond
- Dirty dancing: Caretaker charged for naughty dance in front of dementia patient
- Haslam: First vote on gas tax won't signal final version