KINGSPORT, Tenn. - UPDATE: The two men arrested for drag racing early Friday morning on East Stone Drive at more than 100 miles per hour play for the Kingsport Mets.
General Manager Brian Paupeck confirmed to News 5 that Wuilmer Becerra Benavente, 19, and Vicente Lupo Perez, 20, are both on the team.
The Kingsport Police Department says Benavente was driving a 2013 Dodge Challenger clocked at 107 miles per hour. Perez was clocked at 104 miles per hour driving in a Ford Mustang.
Paupeck says the team is looking into the incident and cannot give a statement at this time.
The Kingsport Police Department says they have arrested two men after catching them drag racing early yesterday morning.
Police say they clocked 19 year old Wuilmer Benavante and 30 year old Vincent Perez driving over a hundred miles per hour on East Stone Drive in Kingsport.
Police say both men are from Venezuela, and neither of them were carrying a U.S. driver's license.
Officer's say both men were charged with drag racing, which is a Class B misdemeanor.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University