KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Food Network star made a stop in the Tri-Cities to talk about his battle with cancer and his survivor story on Thursday.
We stopped by the Tennessee Cancer Coalition taking place at Meadowview Convention Center. This year's keynote speaker was Chef Eric LeVine, the 2011 winner of Chopped on Food Network.
LeVine tells us he's a five-time cancer survivor, currently in remission for the last two years.
But LeVine tells us he learned startling news the night before he took part in the Chopped challenge. "The night before I had chemo and radiation treatment, I also found out from my oncologist I had a six-to-eight-month window to live. So I went in the next day, participated, and won. So that was kind of like the parallel for me where this Chopped challenge was a parallel to my life," said LeVine.
LeVine says his message for families and cancer patients is to keep positive and rely on your support system when you need it most.
- New Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin