KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Food Network star made a stop in the Tri-Cities to talk about his battle with cancer and his survivor story on Thursday.
We stopped by the Tennessee Cancer Coalition taking place at Meadowview Convention Center. This year's keynote speaker was Chef Eric LeVine, the 2011 winner of Chopped on Food Network.
LeVine tells us he's a five-time cancer survivor, currently in remission for the last two years.
But LeVine tells us he learned startling news the night before he took part in the Chopped challenge. "The night before I had chemo and radiation treatment, I also found out from my oncologist I had a six-to-eight-month window to live. So I went in the next day, participated, and won. So that was kind of like the parallel for me where this Chopped challenge was a parallel to my life," said LeVine.
LeVine says his message for families and cancer patients is to keep positive and rely on your support system when you need it most.
- Updated Black Lives Matter rally crasher no longer enrolled at ETSU, attorney issues statement
- New Man charged with sexually abusing 8-month-old appears in court
- New Man accused of branding wife with hot knife appears in court
- Updated Man who penned famous Oscar Mayer jingle dies in Illinois
- Updated UPDATE: Item on Tweetsie Trail was geocaching box; trail reopens