KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Kingsport-based bank chain is growing.
On Tuesday TriSummit Bank plans to merge with Community National Bank, which is headquartered in Morristown, Tennessee. The more than $10 million dollar move will expand TriSummitt Bank to seven financial centers and better serve the community overall.
President and CEO Lynn Shipley Junior said, "We are both very much involved in non-profit organizations like the United Way, so we'll continue that involvement and increase it over time."
The deal should close some time between April and June, once it's approved by shareholders of Community National Bank and federal regulators.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment