KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Kingsport-based bank chain is growing.
On Tuesday TriSummit Bank plans to merge with Community National Bank, which is headquartered in Morristown, Tennessee. The more than $10 million dollar move will expand TriSummitt Bank to seven financial centers and better serve the community overall.
President and CEO Lynn Shipley Junior said, "We are both very much involved in non-profit organizations like the United Way, so we'll continue that involvement and increase it over time."
The deal should close some time between April and June, once it's approved by shareholders of Community National Bank and federal regulators.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane