KINGSPORT, Tenn. - This year's walk to defeat ALS is coming up Saturday, October 12th at Warrior's Path State Park. It's the 9th year for the fundraiser.
Last year Team Timp raised the most money of any team in Tennessee for the walk to defeat ALS.
Phil Timp was diagnosed with ALS in 2011. He died October 1st at home surrounded by family and friends.
The walk organizer tells us each year the crowd grows, and much of that credit goes to Timp and his team.
"He did more than our whole committee of a few volunteers could do. He was just driven to tell everyone he could about ALS, about the fact that there's no known cause or cure at this point and that there's a need for a cause and a cure," says walk organizer Brenda Hrivnak.
For more information about this year's walk visit: http://web.alsa.org/site/TR?pg=entry&fr_id=9246
- New Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- Updated School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing