KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A U.S. News & World Report survey is giving Holston Valley Medical Center high marks.
In a press release, Wellmont Health System says U.S. News & World Report has ranked Holston Valley among the elite in Tennessee and across the country in new lists published online Tuesday, July 16.
They say the magazine also has classified Holston Valley as high performing in 11 services, including cardiology and cancer.
The press release says the results are part of the annual U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings, which recognize hospitals that excel in treating the most challenging patients. The tally is for 2013-14, the 24th year the magazine has compiled this list.
Wellmont says Holston Valley has also been chosen twice by the nation's leading consumer magazine among the elite for heart bypass surgery.
The rankings are publicly available now at health.usnews.com/best-hospitals. They will also be listed in the printed U.S. News Best Hospitals 2014 Guidebook, which will be available in bookstores and on newsstands Aug. 27.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- New Southwest VA school gets national recognition
- New Vance Middle School receives big honor
- New Joe Lasher Jr. playing benefit concert for Second Harvest