Kingsport, Tenn. - Tennessee's first lady made a stop in Kingsport on Thursday.
Crissy Haslam spoke to a full auditorium at the Kingsport Center for Higher Education to kick off the United Way's "United We Read" program.
The first lady spoke about the importance of reading to children, especially when they're young. After her speech, she read to students at 2 local elementary schools to promote literacy.
- New Hands On! Regional Museum announced partnership with the TVA
- New FAA commercial drone regulations took effect today
- New ETSU student reports she was sexually assaulted on campus
- Updated Food City and United Way begin annual program to help feed children
- Updated Jail inmates escape in Hawkins County