Kingsport, Tenn. - Tennessee's first lady made a stop in Kingsport on Thursday.
Crissy Haslam spoke to a full auditorium at the Kingsport Center for Higher Education to kick off the United Way's "United We Read" program.
The first lady spoke about the importance of reading to children, especially when they're young. After her speech, she read to students at 2 local elementary schools to promote literacy.
- Person of interest identified in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Local overcrowded animal shelter fighting to avoid euthanasia
- More law enforcement agencies in our region looking to carry a lifesaving drug
- Norton clinic improving health for black lung patients
- Lowe's Heroes Project making improvements to Cherokee Elementary School