Kingsport, Tenn. - Tennessee's first lady made a stop in Kingsport on Thursday.
Crissy Haslam spoke to a full auditorium at the Kingsport Center for Higher Education to kick off the United Way's "United We Read" program.
The first lady spoke about the importance of reading to children, especially when they're young. After her speech, she read to students at 2 local elementary schools to promote literacy.
- New Four months after Johnson City murder, still no suspect
- Updated UPDATE: Suspected Kingsport killer gets $250K bond
- UPDATE: Fresh leads develop in Christmas Eve murder
- Kingsport City Schools unveils new DB Excel facility
- Northeast State Student Veterans of America raising awareness about veteran suicides