Kingsport, Tenn. - Tennessee's first lady made a stop in Kingsport on Thursday.
Crissy Haslam spoke to a full auditorium at the Kingsport Center for Higher Education to kick off the United Way's "United We Read" program.
The first lady spoke about the importance of reading to children, especially when they're young. After her speech, she read to students at 2 local elementary schools to promote literacy.
- Updated UPDATE: Suspects were living in Saltville murder victim's home
- Lawyer: Experts say man who beheaded son ready for release
- ETSU restructures Forbes' contract for bonuses
- Supreme Court mainly rules for black voters in Virginia case
- Report: Pennsylvania woman shoots husband after casserole argument