Kingsport, Tenn. - Tennessee's first lady made a stop in Kingsport on Thursday.
Crissy Haslam spoke to a full auditorium at the Kingsport Center for Higher Education to kick off the United Way's "United We Read" program.
The first lady spoke about the importance of reading to children, especially when they're young. After her speech, she read to students at 2 local elementary schools to promote literacy.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect