KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Crews will be fixing a water line leak in Kingsport, leading to the water being temporarily being shut off for some residents.
Water line repairs will impact customers in the 1600 block of Crescent Drive as well as the 900 block of Clearwood Avenue on Friday. The city says the work on Crescent Drive work is due to a leaking six-inch line under a tree. They say the repairs on Clearwood Avenue are attributed to replacement of a two-inch water line running under a concrete driveway.
The city says residents in these areas should be prepared for water outages from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Friday, October 25, 2013. They also remind motorists to be alert for City water distribution crews when traveling through these areas.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin