KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Crews will be fixing a water line leak in Kingsport, leading to the water being temporarily being shut off for some residents.
Water line repairs will impact customers in the 1600 block of Crescent Drive as well as the 900 block of Clearwood Avenue on Friday. The city says the work on Crescent Drive work is due to a leaking six-inch line under a tree. They say the repairs on Clearwood Avenue are attributed to replacement of a two-inch water line running under a concrete driveway.
The city says residents in these areas should be prepared for water outages from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Friday, October 25, 2013. They also remind motorists to be alert for City water distribution crews when traveling through these areas.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University