KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A teenage girl is recovering after police say she was hit by a mini-van Monday.
Kingsport Police tell us they found the teenager on East Center Street around 3 p.m., Monday afternoon.
We're told the 14-year-old girl was trying to cross the street, although officers say there was a "no crossing" sign.
The girl was taken to the hospital with serious injuries, but she is expected to recover.
No charges have been filed in this case.
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire