KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A teenage girl is recovering after police say she was hit by a mini-van Monday.
Kingsport Police tell us they found the teenager on East Center Street around 3 p.m., Monday afternoon.
We're told the 14-year-old girl was trying to cross the street, although officers say there was a "no crossing" sign.
The girl was taken to the hospital with serious injuries, but she is expected to recover.
No charges have been filed in this case.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- Updated Part of Bristol, Tennessee without water after water main break
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations