Kingsport, Tenn. - If you've traveled along Interstate 81 just below Kingsport recently, then you know how difficult it is to dodge all the potholes.
But that problem will soon be fixed. Crews have started repaving the south bound lanes this week between the Kingsport exit and the Jearoldstown exit. That road will be shut down to one lane. The good news is most of the work will be done at night.
David Lewis, TDOT District Superintendent, tells us the pavement gets worn out over time and starts cracking. When gets water under it, it freezes and that pushes up the pavement, creating potholes.
Once the southbound lanes are complete, the crews will begin repaving the north bound lanes.
Motorists are asked to slow down in that work zone.
- Court: Greeneville bank manager embezzled more than $1 million
- Local police agencies offering drug take-back services Saturday
- Domtar announces reduced production at Kingsport plant
- Virginia voter registration deadline extended through Friday
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue