KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Kingsport fire officials are continuing to investigate what caused a house fire early Sunday morning.
Fire crews were called to a home on Steadman Street just after 1 a.m. Sunday morning. The Kingsport Fire Department says the home was completely covered in flames when they arrived.
We're told the home is a total loss.
Fire crews say there is reason to believe this is a suspicious fire.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting