KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Stop for school buses, that's the warning from Kingsport police.
Officers tell us they're having a problem with drivers passing stopped school buses, especially on Wilcox drive at the intersection with Ward Place.
Police say most children who die in bus related crashes are between the ages of 4 and 7.
Here are some important rules to remember.
It is illegal to pass a bus that is stopped to load or unload children. Yellow lights on a bus warn drivers the bus is preparing to stop.
Red lights and an extended stop sign arm signals drivers the bus is stopped. Traffic is required to stop in both directions on undivided roads when a bus is stopped. If the road is divided by a grass median or other physical barrier, only traffic moving in the same direction as the bus must stop.
- New KISS concert in Manchester canceled after terrorist attacks
- New Tennessee governor signs NRA-backed metal detector gun bill
- New Former Texas nurse accused of killing dozens of kids in '80s
- UPDATE: Johnson County juvenile pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Muslim man sues Little Caesars over pizza labeled 'halal'