KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Stop for school buses, that's the warning from Kingsport police.
Officers tell us they're having a problem with drivers passing stopped school buses, especially on Wilcox drive at the intersection with Ward Place.
Police say most children who die in bus related crashes are between the ages of 4 and 7.
Here are some important rules to remember.
It is illegal to pass a bus that is stopped to load or unload children. Yellow lights on a bus warn drivers the bus is preparing to stop.
Red lights and an extended stop sign arm signals drivers the bus is stopped. Traffic is required to stop in both directions on undivided roads when a bus is stopped. If the road is divided by a grass median or other physical barrier, only traffic moving in the same direction as the bus must stop.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone