KINGSPORT, Tenn. - After a strong storm rolled through the Tri-Cities early Friday morning, some people in Kingsport were left cleaning up.
Off Lynn Garden Drive, a tree barely missed a home and landed on a laundromat beside it. We're told the business closed at the beginning of January.
A homeowner we spoke with said they've spent much of the day cutting down limbs and trying to clear what they can.
Down the street, a tree landed on another home, also causing some damage.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash